Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 19- Free Choice


I decided to go to a gym to practice with people twisting and turning more since my figures lately have been too static. I must say, I felt a little bad going in there because I could tell some people wanted their privacy (and this is the ultimate "creeper" class haha :P) - but most people I asked were fine with it and let me draw them. I think my favorite drawings are the swimming drawings because of the different forms the swimmer would take and the interesting patterns that were formed by the body with the water.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen,
    I'm glad you're going out to locations to find unique areas of activity. If you find yourself getting uncomfortable, simply find a person before they start and ask them - show them some work in the sketchbook - I have discovered that once you introduce yourself and you are polite with them, the threshold of creepiness is gone and you'll be more comfortable.
    The drawings are decent - but you do, indeed, need to find poses where the form is turned, so we can see more of the figure. If you can't see it, make it up. Take a pose and make it into a 3/4 pose in your sketchbook. Your proportions are convincing. Try to emphasize gesture and weight shift - this is in the hips and shoulder andthe force of the body in one direction or another - it may be subtle or extreme but it's there.

    ReplyDelete