Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Huntington center- Sept. 27






So the weather was really crappy yesterday, and I was getting my allergy shots at the Huntington center today and I must say, it is the ideal place to find people in action (so many mini shops on the lower floor.)  Some of the people I drew today were the best as far as personalities- including a man that was getting food at my favorite gyro cart who didn't seem real due to his proportions. One of the guys I'm posting I have the gesture that I got when I was standing at the light drawing him, and then my more rendered out version of him. Oh, and Caribou coffee is the bomb. Highly recommend Huntington center for an outing sometime :] I swear, the people there are cell phone aholics... :I

1 comment:

  1. Colleen,
    I think your style is at its best in the last drawing - a light and loose foundation with more confident contours to create form and character.
    However, most of these look too stiff and lack a convincing sense of weight shift - mostly because the choice of poses isn't that dynamic. Be conscious of the pose you choose - if it is a dynamic event in between less interesting ones, use the clothing as a reference and work on the more dynamic pose.
    Stay focused and keep drawing.

    ReplyDelete